Background

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

She's Got "The Look"...


I love this photo of Erin - it's so me, and so my mum, and so her mum... that look over the glasses has been passed down through the generations!

I started out with perfect pearls, water, a minimister, dusty concord distress re-inker and the butterfly WOW Altamatz.  I love how this template changed my background!  I also sprayed my big flower with the purple spray and used my Martha Stewart corner bubbles punch to alter it - I love how effective this is and will be trying a few more on my flowers down the track!

Add some patterned paper from AED; some ribbon from Geen Tara; and some gorgeous Flourish With a Bling Purple Chloe Pearls; some more My2Angels flowers and a rose charm.  I also couldn't help using the gorgeous flowers from Manor House Creations. I couldn't go past using my beaded pin and the next dilemma I had was the journalling!

Too many times these days I see 'pretty' layouts that are just that - pretty, but they don't tell the story behind the photo.  I used to teach people that one of the main things with scrapping your photos was you no longer had to sit and explain every shot and your thoughts about it..but somewhere in the last 10 years, journalling seems to have been forgotten more often than not!  A great inspiration to me when it comes to journaling is my long-time friend Peg Hewitt.  Peg is an extremely talented scrapper who never omits the important stuff - journalling!  So inspired by Peg - I got my Dymo labeller out.  I used the paper to paper cartridge and printed out my journalling.  The only problem was - it was still white!! I decided it would be awesome if it was purple, but since I didn't have purple tape - I would have to make it purple!  I used Tim Holtz' sponging technique with distress ink and 'purples' my dymo journalling!  I had to wait a bit for it to dry before sticking down - but well worth the wait i think!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you feel inspired to create, to journal, and to hopefully try some new techniques!!
Ingredients:
Cardstock - White Bazzil Linen
Patterned Paper - A Formal Affair Lounge Suit Music by Alison Ellis Design
Perfect Pearls - Grape Fizz
WOW Altamatz - Butterflies
Flourish With A Bling - Chloe Purple Pearl Flourish
Manor House Creations - Ballroon Waltz (Purple Lace Flower)
Manor House Creations - Country Lane - Purple
Martha Stewart Punches - corner bubbles
Crochet By Kim - Beaded Purple Bow Pin
Green Tara - Assorted Ribbons
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Dusty Concord (my FAVOURITE colour)
Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inker - Dusty Concord
Dymo Labeller - Paper Tape cartridge, italic font, second largest font
Stix2Anything - Double-sided Tape

Thanks again
Jen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!