I did this layout at the Vintage Indulgence retreat in New Zealand recently. I had a fabulous weekend teaching a make n take and spending time with my online buddies. I really feel like I've cemented some friendships that were 'meant to be'.
My journaling is the tag in the top left hand corner as I am determined to not only create beautiful layouts I am happy with, but to journal and not forget why I started scrapbooking in the first place - to preserve our memories and tell a story!! This photo is of Erin ready to perform in the school choir - she loves it and I am so happy that we share a love of singing and music!
- The background was stamped with the butterfly stamp in black stazon, then the butterflies colours with white resist crayon.
- I then sprayed the page with Banshee Black starbust (and the doily) and edged with black soot distress ink.
- I added the patterned paper (edged too!) and the doily
- I coloured the chippy frame with black stazon and when dry, added the silver rhinestones
- added some strips of washi (not wasabi LOL) tape
- I added the photo, frame and the manorhouse creations rosettes
- attached the charm from My2Angels
- Placed the white Grace flourishes
- slid the tag for my hidden journaling in at the top of the rosettes under the frame...
- and finished by adding just a touch of the irridescent medium to the rosettes
And the customary close-up :-)
Alison Ellis Design Patterned Paper
Twiddleybitz - Fantasy Round Overlay (OVO10)
Flourish With a Bling - Silver Rhinestones
Flourish With a Bling - Grace Pearl Flourish, Pearl
Manor House Creations - Rosettes, Pearl (SAF0037pea)
Kaiser Stamp - Botanical (CS795)
My2Angels - handmade embellishment with XOXO charm
My2Angels - premade white bow with silver edges
Washi Tape - Music
Wax Resist Crayon
Stazon Ink - Black
Tim Holtz - Black Soot Distress Ink
Lindy's Stamp Gang - starburst - Screaming Banshee Black
Windsor & Newton Watercolour Irridescent Medium (Thanks Janine Koczwara for the intro to this awesome medium!!)
Stix2Anything - Double-sided Tape
Thanks for stopping by!