Background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Uproar 2 Scrapmore Retreat

I have just had one of the best, most fun, and productive weekend in as long as I can remember!  I bit the bullet and put my name down for a retreat with the lovely ladies from Uproar 2 Scrapmore, sadly the shop has now closed but the Ning is up and roaring!

I met a fabulous bunch of women whom I had come to know a little during my limited time on the site, We ate, drank, laughed, shopped, played, and even created from Thursday afternoon through to the early hours of Sunday morning.  I managed to make - 1 layout (well, finished a layout I started 5 yrs ago!) , 1 box, 20 embellishments, 11 cards, and 17 new special and firm friendships.

Thank you so very much to Dalena for organizing the best retreat I have ever been to, thank you to Lisa Kamphuis for inviting me to U2S and giving me the push I needed.  Thank you to all my wonderful new friends - some local and many from afar, I am in awe of your talent and your openness.  Thank you for inspiring me to create and to be a better person.

Till next time - I can't wait!!  I'll leave you with an image of the box I created for our embellishment swap - I used the brand new Alison Ellis Design papers that hadn't been released yet and it was snapped up by the very talented card-maker Sharon.  I cannot show you the other items I made as they've been submitted to the magazines (fingers crossed) - I will post images of them when I am able.



TFL - mwah xx
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I am so glad that Lisa convinced you to come to the Retreat!!! :( Otherwise I wouldn't have got to meet you, you are a gorgeous person and so fun to hang out with!!! Wish I lived closer to you, I am sure that we could have a ton of fun!!! Love everything that you did at the Retreat especially this box!!! Luv Shaz xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!