Background

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tea Party Step Card

I decided to make another Step Card.  I love the depth these cards give to the greeting and/or occasion.
And from another angle....


How I did it - 
1.  I started by adhering my card base to the template I made:
2.  Then I turned it over and used a bone scorer on the (horizontal) fold lines:
3.  I used a craft knife on the two (vertical) cut lines:
 4.  I removed it from the template, and folded along the fold lines:
5.  I then made inserts for the 3 panels - .5cm smaller than the area so there was a .25cm border
6.  Inked all pieces, all the way around - including the card:
7.  I attached them to the front of the card and painted and decorated my chippy:
 8.  I inked the outer edges of the embellishments, worked out the placement, and adhered them:
 9.  And Wallah!!! all finished!

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz Pre-cut Card stock - cream shimmer
Twiddleybitz - Tea Party Word (WOR067)
Twiddleybitz - Teapot & Cups (TEA001)
Kaisercrafr - Patterned Paper: The Lake House
Flourish With A Bling - Pearls, Copper
My2Angels - Mini Rose Buds, white
Manorhouse Creations - Petite Roses, Marshmellow (MHCpetimars)
Matisee Derivan - Kindy Glitz, clear
Range/Tim Holtz - Distress Ink, Antique Linen
Range/Tim Holtz - Distress Ink, Brushed Corduroy
Range/Tim Holtz - Distress Crackle Paint, Tattered Rose
Stix2Anything - Double-sided Tape

Thanks for joining me today - if you'd like to make cards like this - I will be teaching it in a class in November - we are doing Christmas ones!!  All materials will be included and a template and instructions for you to also take home.  Another exciting development is for those interstate/country, I will putting together a pack for purchase that includes video instruction!!

Please make sure you're following my blog for the details :-)

Jen
:-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!