Background

Friday, November 23, 2012

Santa's Chair!!

I think these chairs from Twiddleybitz are super cute and have loved all the soft feminine chairs that people have created with them but I wanted to do something a bit different!  Christmas gave me the perfect opportunity to make Santa's Chair!!

I started by painting the poppy colourspray onto the MDF - spraying doesn't work so well as it beads on the wood.
Then I glued all the pieces together with pva - this was super easy as they slot together perfectly!
Embellishing the chair was again extremely easy as I used a Christmas embellishment pack from my2angels.net!  I didn't have to make any pins, rosettes, tags or do any embossing!!
Here's the gorgeous rosette on the front of the backrest and the two 'star cushions'!
I did however sew the pincushion!!! yay me!  dusted off the sewing machine - it's been a while BUT I cheated with the Santa Sack and put cushion stuffing in a pre-made organza bag :-P.  I added the green sparkly ribbon from the pack and the gorgeous charming chain too.
And a side view too :-)
Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - MDF Chairs, 2pk (MDF02)
My2Angels - Christmas Embellishment Kit (Brisbane Show Purchase)
My2Angels - Merry Christmas Charming Chain with Glass Abacus
My2Angels - Charming Pins 
My2Angels - Felt Shapes
My2Angels - Green Glitter Ribbon
Colorful Thoughts Sprays - Poppy
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist, Scarlet
Red Material
Red Organza Bag
Cushion stuffing
PVA Glue

Stay tuned for my next Christmas Twiddleybitz Off the Page Project!  It's so exciting!!
Jen
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!