Background

Friday, January 13, 2012

Today & Everyday

Another gorgeous photo that I have been dying to scrap for so long, this time it's my Riley...

I didn't want to lose the innocence in the photo by making it a real "boy" layout so wanted it softer...  Tracy at My2Angels answered my prayers the other day when she handed me a brand new product - an embellishment kit in blues with some flowers and a gorgeous altered flower with a charm - called charming florals (she is sooo good at these - checkout her charming chains too!!).  Naturally as I'm so addicted to her gorgeous hat pins I had to add one to the layout too :-)


I love the new Twiddleybitz Bird on a Branch so I had fun glimmer-misting it and then using enamels to make the bird blue - but my favourite part of that is sewing it to the page with my machine (who says they are really for material and making clothes)!!!

I also love my new Tim Holtz Tab Die (Thank you to the awesome Rachel Pepper Walsh for helping me figure out how to stack it in my bigshot!) and how perfectly the little stamped saying fits.  I have hand journaled on the patterned paper (did you see it straight off or did you have to look for it?).  The foliage the Twiddleybitz leaves provides really breaks up the blue - but nicely; I really like the way they all sit behind the fence and only the charming flower is hanging over.  I love the definition inking around the edges gives - my tried and true favourite technique I think!!

Ingredients:
PP - Autumn Leaves from about 2004!
White Cardstock
Twiddleybitz - "Bird on a Branch" (BIR014)
Twiddleybitz - Fence (BAS014)
Twiddleybitz - Fern leaves
Tattered Angels Glimmer mists - Forest Green and Sea Glass
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Stormy Sky
Tim Holtz Alterations - Tab Die
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles - clear rock candy - on the top part of the fence (you can't see it in the photo)
Colourful Thoughts Embossing Enamel - Sapphire
Stampin Write Marker - Brocade Blue
Papercraft Clear Cling Stamp
Miscellaneous Blue Bow, clear blue Circle charms, white paint, and green cotton.

Thank you so much for stopping by - I hope you like my layout.  I have plenty of links for you to take throughout the post so you can find the goodies I'm talking about!

Jen

1 comment:

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!