Background

Monday, December 10, 2012

Santa's Mailbox

When I saw these new mailboxes from Twiddleybitz I just had to have one right away!  I started on it the second night I had it and colour-sprayed it first thing! Unfortunately I had to put it (and creating in general) aside for a while but I finally managed to finish it the other night.  I am quite please with how it turned out.. I got to use some of my favourite products and I love that I stuck to traditional red and green for Christmas.
I followed the instructions sheet that was included to assemble and started gathering flowers and embellishments to decorate the top.  I started with the gorgeous Elise Flourish:
I made the small Twiddleybitz sleigh - added Santa and made Rudolph a bit fancy with my liquid pearls. I sprayed the Manorhouse Creations flower with the green colour spray from the halloween Lindy's Starburst pack:
I covered the "Santa" with White Opals embossing enamels and completely covered in kindy glitz, it took a while to dry - then attached it with the embellishments from My2Angels.
Then I tied some matching ribbon around the stand and added a leftover flower.

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - Mail box Kit
Twiddleybitz - Santa word
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Red nosed Reindeer
Lindy's Starburst - Freaky franken-lime
Manorhouse Creations - Winter Song - Log Cabin (lrg green flower)
Manorhouse Creations - small silver flowers
Flourish With a Bling - Elise Clear Rhinestone Flourish
Flourish With a Bling - Clear Rhinestones
Crochet By Kim - beaded pins - (Christmas set of 3)
My2Angels - all charms
My2Angels - all bows
My2Angels - all ribbon
My2Angels - all mini bells
My2Angels - Rudolf
Ranger - liquid pearls, ruby red and mint green
Pipe DreamINK - opals, snowgum
Matisse Derivan - Kindy Glitz, christalina
Green Tara - Santa die cut
I also used PVA by Stix2Anything to assemble the sleigh and mailbox.

I hope you like our new mailbox for our Letters to Santa!
Thanks for stopping by -
Jen
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!