Background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sawyer’s Place Sticky Paper

Through a promotion on the Facebook Page, I was recently a lucky recipient of this new product from Sawyer’s Place.  I am already an avid fan of the Sawyer’s Place Washi Tapes (who isn’t!) and I was really excited to put this sticky backed printed paper through it’s paces!!

I started by cutting a strip with my paper trimmer - it cut’s well, with no tearing or feathering; I then put it through my big shot using a small die - success again!! I also tried the Sticky Paper through a few of my punches - with greater success using the larger “Martha Stewart” type punches. Be careful though - peeling the backing can be tricky on such neat edges!

My next experiment was customizing the Sticky Paper. I love getting inky (hence my facebook middle name!) so I wanted to see how the paper reacted to inks. Using Distress Inks and stains was not successful - I assume it’s because they’re water based inks and the paper has a [smooth] finish. Although I am keen to try leaving the Stain overnight and/or attempting to dry the Sticky Paper with my heat tool. Stazon ink faired better, a little rub off but a nice effect - no doubt as it’s a dye based ink pad. Coloursprays faired much the same as the water-based inks, so I would also like to experiment more with these overnight, or heat assisted.

I was VERY impressed with the result when I used alcohol inks on the Sticky Paper! I created the panel on the card by applying 3 alcohol ink colours to my applicator, some drops of gold metallic, and then the alcohol blending solution. I dabbed this all over the Sticky Paper until I was happy with the layers and blending of the colours. Being evaporative alcohol ink - this did not need drying time! By the time I had the lids back on my bottles my Sticky Paper was ready for me to handle.

I removed the backing and stuck the Sticky Paper to my card, and added some Sawyer’s Place Washi Tape, stamped my greeting, adhered my flowers, and inked the card edges. Wallah! [sic] A cute, quick card using customized Sticky Paper from Sawyer’s Place!

I am looking forward to seeing more designs released as I think we’ve only just scratched the surface of the potential of this new product line!



Some close-ups:


Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!