Background

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sugar Beads

One of the fabulous new additions to the product range at My2Angels is Sugar Beads!  These mixtures of beads are available in great colour combinations and I couldn't resist the mint crush, and of course Purple Passion.  Despite my mojo drought, ideas were popping in my head all the time and I just had to find the time to put some of them to use.

I have seen the beads used to cover chipboard and I wanted to use both the colours of the sugar beads on the one project, so I originally thought purple flowers and green stems or grass.... that developed into a white butterfly with purple wings and a bunch of flowers and the stems of the bunch hmmm...

After painting the butterfly white, letting it dry and attaching it to my card, I filled the wings one at a time with hot glue (from my glue gun) and poured the beads all over it - pressing them in, tapping off the excess and putting them back in the little pot.  I repeated this for all three wings.

The bunch of purple flowers, I added the three rose buds to and wrapped the stems around each other.  I then laid hot glue along the stems and again poured and pressed the beads into it, tapping off the excess.  I use a little more hot glue to attach the bunch to the card - and the bow to the bunch.

I slid the love charm under the edge of the bunch and added some 'movement' to the butterfly with a piece of FWAB chloe purple pearl flourish.

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - White C6 card
Twiddleybitz - Butterflies Assorted (BUT003)
Black Cardstock
Kaiser Patterned Paper - Konstrukt Collection
My2Angels - Purple Orchids
My2Angels - Purple Rose Buds
My2Angels - Mauve and Silver Love Charming Word
My2Angels - Sugar Beads - Mint Crush
My2Angels - Sugar Beads - Purple Passion
Flourish With A Bling - Chloe Pearl Flourish - Purple
Ranger - Liquid Pearls - Orchid
Adirondack - Acrylic Paint Dabber - Snowcap
White Paper Doily

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit My2Angels and grab some Sugar Beads!

Jen
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!