Background

Friday, April 26, 2013

Washi Techniques - Slice n Dice a Background!

Have you realised that you can cut your washi tape lengthways?  I had a "derrrr" moment not so long ago when I realised I could not only cut or tear my washi tape off at different lengths - but cut it so I had different widths!!!

I am hopeless at making decisions regarding co-ordinating products for my projects; so I love that the Sawyer's Place Washi Tapes are not only sold in single rolls, but in co-ordinating packs - grouped together so I don't have to think!!

The following cards were made using wash tapes from the packs available at Sawyer's Place:



To make these Washi Backgrounds:
Place strips of washi on your cutting mat.  Using a ruler and craft knife - slice until you have the desired thickness/s - use the grid lines on the craft mat to keep the edges straight!

When laying your washi on your background - pick an angle and use the grid lines on the craft mat to keep everything uniform - Or not if that's how you want it!  Do break up the 'tyre tread' pattern I used the 'caution' co-ordinating washi from the  pack.

Peel your panel from the craft mat and tuck your edges over.  Attach to the front of your card and attach your embellishments - I LOVE this flair "look out"!  It was perfect for the theme of this card; celebrating success for passing a learner's driving test!

Here's the customary close-up :-)

Ingredients:
"Learner"
Sawyer's Place Washi Tapes - Sampson Collection
Sawyer's Place Rourke's Rounds, Flair - Sampson Collection
Stix2Anything Silicone Adhesive (I prefer this to foam tape for adding dimension)
Twiddleybitz C6 Card and Envelope - Black
Twiddleybitz Square Alphabet Letter - "L"
White Cardstock
Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade
Stazon Ink - Black
Miscellaneous Black Ribbon


"Wishing You A Happy Day"
Sawyer's Place Washi Tape -Titus Collection (Steel Blue Robots)
Sawyer's Place Rourke's Rounds, Flair - Titus Collection
Stix2Anything Silicone Adhesive (I prefer this to foam tape for adding dimension)
Twiddleybitz C6 Card and Envelope - White
Stazon Ink - Black; Midnight Blue
Washi Tape - blue from ???
My Favourite Things - Die-namics name plate

I hope I've inspired you to get even more from your washi tape!  I'd love to see a comment with a link if you've been using yours!  Please stay tuned for more Washi ideas and tips and tricks :-)

Thanks for stopping by
Jen
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!