Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lovers' Garden - Leaves, "Grass", & Stepping Stones

Welcome to the second instalment of my Lovers' Garden.

The Garden Floor or "grass" is a Chipboard Sheet the size of a placemat.  I was intending on covering the open spaces with petal/flower soft but OMG - I had enough to do! LOL
I sprayed the leaves in a number of different greens and using this as a base for it gave colour and texture and it worked out quite well even though I never intended for it to be that way!
After they were sprayed I put them through the big shot to give them texture then rubbed more distress ink over them to give definition to the texture.


The stepping stones were made from chipboard inchies.  I used pumice stone distress stain and mod podged them - then when dry I put them through the big shot as well to also give them some 'stone' looking texture.

Here I was playing around with placement - they great thing about the FWAB pearls is you leave them on the acetate and you can move them around easily decided where they fit best :-)

I will explain the arch in my next post :-)

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz Leaves Grab Bag
Glimmer Mists - Key Lime, Forest Green
Distress Inks - Peeled Paint and Pine Needles
Sizzix Texture fades embossing folder and Big Shot

Twiddleybitz Mosaic Grab Bag - BAS023 (inchies)
Distress Stain - Pumice Stone
Mod Podge
Sizzix Texture fades embossing folder and Big Shot

Flourish With A Bling - Chloe Olive Green
My2Angels - All Flowers

Thanks for stopping by - and my 3rd and final instalment isn't far away :-)
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!